This business truly embodies my passion: digging deep with others about what matters most to them. Connecting with people right where they are. So where are you?
- Building an idea?
- Stuck in draft-land?
- Staring at a completed draft unsure if it works or not?
- Need help fine-tuning your scenes?
- Desperate to grow your craft?
- Unsure how to navigate your next steps?
Scroll down for more details about my current services:
- Manuscript Evaluations
- Remote Workshops
- Coaching Sessions
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s dig in!
Whether fiction or non-fiction, every story has a sequence and rhythm that, when unlocked, resonates with readers long after the final page. Developmental editing focuses on uncovering the essential elements that make a story work–the structure, plot, scenes, characters, themes. Before you line edit for voice and power, ensure your story is complete and works for a reader.
- Macro Story + Micro Scene Evaluation – $499
- Full manuscript read through and analysis for global turning points and story arc, as well as structure/content feedback on each scene. Includes written feedback and 1-hour Skype session.
- Macro Story Evaluation- $349
- Full manuscript read through and analysis for global turning points and story arc. Includes written feedback and 1-hour Skype session.
- Follow-Up Read Thru – $149
- Second read thru after revisions, 1-hour Skype call to discuss
- Story Spine Evaluation – $99
- Review of any size synopsis/scene list for global turning points and story arc. Includes 2-hour Skype session.
No more online classes with minimal instructor interaction. These personalized workshops are inspired by the concept of deep practice, as detailed in The Talent Code: focused practice on a particular skill using the writer’s own work-in-progress, accompanied by rapid in-depth feedback, resulting in highly concentrated growth.
- 7-Day Scene Intensive – $299
- Class runs Sunday thru Saturday
- Scenes reviewed/feedback posted 2x a day (AM session and PM session)
- Choose your focus:
- Scene Structure
- Content / Clarity
- Depth / Subtext
- Polishing for Power
- From Start To Finish – layering all of the above
- Writer posts initial scene in Google Docs anytime prior to class start
- Sunday – Day 1
- Skype welcome call
- Scene reviewed by me, initial feedback posted by 3pm PST
- Writers welcome to revise/repost by 9pm PST for PM feedback session
- PM feedback posted by 11:59pm PST
- Monday – Friday
- Writer posts scene prior to 9am PST for AM feedback session
- AM feedback posted by 12pm PST
- Writers welcome to revise/repost by 9pm for PM feedback session
- PM feedback posted by 11:59pm PST
- Tuesday & Thursday
- Skype check-in calls available for scheduling as needed
- Saturday – Day 7
- Writer posts final scene prior to 9am
- Skype debrief/coaching call
Dedicated time and attention to your project, your craft, your career, your growth. Sessions conducted via Skype and can be for any duration/frequency, as scheduling permits. Works well one-on-one as well as a critique group setting.
- 1 Hour – $39
- 3 Hours – $99
- 5 Hours – $149
- 10 Hours – $249
Areas of Focus:
- Needs Analysis, Goal Setting, Accountability
- Discuss dreams, articulate goals, identify barriers, create action plans, and curate resources.
- Pre-Draft Idea Development
- The goal is to develop the story enough to get you drafting. If you’re a planner, this might be a story arc or scene list. If you’re a pantser, this might be your main characters’ goals, motivations, and conflicts.
- Post-Draft Story Analysis
- Similar to Synopsis Evaluation but conducted verbally through discussion–a very powerful experience.
- Scene Analysis & Critique
- Review/work through specific scene(s) based on writer’s goals and needs.