*sings* These are a few of my favorite things…
- The Story Grid — this book / website / podcast / workshop has changed my life. Editor Shawn Coyne and writer Tim Grahl are expertly exposing how to tell a story that works.
- Save the Cat — Blake Snyder’s screenwriting book breaks down movie plots into 15 easy beats. Great for applying to any novel structure, too! Now there are three books, a website, workshops, and a lot more–all carrying on the craft in Blake’s honor.
- The Snowflake Method — a framework for developing a story step by step
- 8C’s of Plotting (and any other posts this gal writes — she’s awesome!)
- Helping Writers Become Authors — one of my favorite blogs on writing. KM Weiland’s books Structuring Your Novel and Outlining Your Novel are also great.
- The Write Practice — a fabulous blog and community to help anyone improve their writing
- Zen Habits — an inspiring blog about building strong habits, accomplishing goals, and so much more!
Found this book at a shop in Leavenworth, WA. It’s a short read but every single page is solid gold.